First the Big News,
Yankee Crosley Parts has made it to Nascar!
Now back to the restoration:
The 1st thing I tackled on the body was the left and right door openings both sides were rotted about 4" from the bottom the whole length of the panel and both sides rear seams were broke free so the panels were just flapping. First thing I did was cut the rust back and seamed the panels made some patch panels and reclamped the seams then fitted new panels and welded together. I then tackled the stress cracks around the window frame these were on both sides, probably from pushing car around. I reinforced the area where the window frame bolts to the body by cutting some 16ga square plates, placed on the underside of the body and plug welded them in place and then welding in the stress cracks. The headlight body mounts were completely gone, so I had to re-weld all that in and reshape the mounting holes. Finished up all the welding by filling holes and repairing stress cracks. Next the
2/9/13: Finally, An Update: I am going to try something different and change things around so please let me know what you think. I am working on a 1950 Hot Shot as a restoration project for a gentleman, you will be able to see pictures on the web site as it progresses every few months. Don't forget if you don't see what you want on the web site please call or E Mail me I have a lot of new and N.O.S. stuff not advertise at this time. I hope to get them all on in due time. With my new full time Job you usually can reach me between 6pm and 8pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays. Weekends if I am home I will answer from 10am on eastern standard time. Thursdays is shop night so I am not around. I will try and forward the phone to work for the day time, if you do not get me leave a massage and I will try and return it on my break I am on call for my full time job from time to time and if it snows I have to be there too, so if you call and do not get me I am probably back in work.
Now for the project car, it is a 1950 hot shot with disc brakes. It was originally a Squirt raffle car that was found at action for purchase. If anyone has any pictures or info on this car please write or call, all info would be welcome. The car looks like it has been painted a few times as you will see in the pictures, it is in nice shape but has some rot on each of the lower rockers. Other than that it is a solid car and the gas tank even looks to be in good shape. I got it started and it seems to run strong the clutch feels good. I think they probably parked the car due to disc brake failure. We are going to do a frame off restoration and I will post pictures. This way you can see the progress as it comes along.
|Site by Janet Galasso Design|